RE: (((SIGMusic))) *NEW* Computer System Recommendations

can we have one of those nice flat panel screens in the acm office?  not that we should drop money on such a thing, but it would be nice if the office wants to trade or something.....  How are we in terms of getting the sound from the sound card to our ears?  are we going to want to plug right into those big speakers that are around, or use some smaller ones to fit the space?  do we have multi channel output from the card? (ie 5.1?)  software?  we can probably get the for free though......  some kind of box that lets us adjust stuff in real time....  like a "controller".   I've seen infrared ones that look really cool when you use them.
-Sean
-----Original Message-----
From: sigmusic-l-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sigmusic-l-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alexander Nam
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 1:27 AM
To: SIGMusic Mailing List
Subject: (((SIGMusic))) *NEW* Computer System Recommendations

Hello SIGMusic,

It has been a while, but SIGMusic is still functioning normally (except for some funding issues).

Right now, I'd like to inform everyone that SIGMusic was OFFICIALLY approved for a new computer system for future projects and such. The guaranteed amount that we will be sponsored for is $750.00.

Therefore, please post to the list NOW on what you'd like to recommend to go into our new system.

After Spring Break, we will then go ahead and put a system together that meets the recommendations of membership. Of course, not all wishes will be fulfilled, depending on how much of our budget is used.

Thanks and eCafe info will be posted soon.

Have a great Spring Break!

Best Regards,

Alexander Nam
ACM SIGMusic Chair