Re: (((SIGMusic))) new computer

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:24:05AM -0600, David Johnson blathered thusly:
> $750 hardly provides the money for a decent protools setup...i know they sell
> the Mbox for about $400-$500 but thats most of our budget right there.
> the echo mia may be adequate enough to transfer over...personally i'd like a
> card like the midiman delta 1010 but the mia is supposed to have good quality
> recording...which brings me to my next point....we need a new mixer! the
> current mackie thats sitting in my room has really mediocre audio quality, not
> to mention a bunch of unreliable connectors.

I wonder if the flakey connectors could be fixed... are the sliders
getting scratchy too?  Er, it doesn't have sliders, does it, nevermind.

As for the budget, I wonder if you could find more funding elsewhere.
Also look to donations.

> I agree we might as well go mac, but since pro tools is probably out of the
> question, i'd recommend trying to "borrow" a copy of cubase or logic, since
> these dont need special hardware to function (like protools).

Supposedly there is a free version of protools, though I'm not sure how
functional it is.

> combine those with the echo mia and a decent midi interface (i've had good
> luck with midiman products), and a new mixer with a cleaner signal, and we're
> in good shape.

Let's get an O2R ;-)

--
/--
| Ben Staffin
  gpg key: offline due to stupidity            |
                                             --/