Re: [SIGMusic] Android on Tacchi

Ryan, sorry I forgot to mention.  We've been looking into Android-x86.  Thats the port we're using to write the TUIO module.  We discussed it for a while on this thread http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/archives/sigmusic-l/msg00471.html.

As for the project discussion,
Both of those examples are simple and interesting.  The reason for Android is not for the web browser, but the point is its a fully featured operating system designed to be used without a keyboard.  Its already being adopted for larger surfaces than the phone, so the table is a natural extension.  It has a fair amount of libraries already built in that are incredibly useful, however it was made for a phone in mind, so changes to it aren't terribly easy, but its FOSS.

If you have any interest in those applications, we can nail down an SDK for the table as soon as possible, and we can all start writing stuff.  The experimental collaborative apps like those you posted are really cool and important, however we can't neglect the appeal of a multitouch DJ app.