[SIGMusic] Crash course in Music Theory

Hey,
My uncle is a musician, retired Electrical Engineer, and UIUC Alum.
He wrote this short, 7 page crash course in basic music theory.

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/~ajpaul2/music_theory_crashcourse.pdf

I think it could be extremely helpful to people who love music but
didn't jive with their middle school orchestra (me).  Much of why I
pursue computer music is because technology has allowed me to be lazy
avoid trying to learn all this on my own, and I suspect some others
among us may be in a similar situation.  Anyway, I highly recommend
carefully reading through this, at least once.

Also, what do y'alls think about having a workshop, going through the
contents of this stuff?

--Alex

--
Alex Paul