Re: [SIGMusic] meeting today

Allright, good meeting.  We're still having trouble getting android stuff set up, but hopefully that'll be resolved soon.  If any of you need an android phone, or want me to figure out how to do it on other platforms, send me an email and I can try to set you up.

I've modified the app quite a bit, basically to the level we wanted it to be working during the meeting.  it's in the market now.   It's silly, it's awesome.
I went on to hack at the sequencer, adding distortion, and delay, as well as having a switch for different waveforms.  Nothing tooo major, but take a look and see how it's done!

What we're going to talk about now:

We have...   10 - 13 parameters (depending on how you count) in the sequencer.   We could add a ton more, and I'm encouraging you guys to hack at the patch as much as possible.
The equally important part to making the instrument, is performing it.  Let's have a discussion on the best way to manipulate all these parameters from 1 phone/tablet.  Here's a simple list of ideas:
A bunch of sliders (what we've done forever)
Gesture recognition
Physics simulation
Sensor readings
Other phones (making a network)

Let's have a good discussion and expand on some of these ideas, then pick one to work on for a bit.  What we discuss and pick to do now doesn't have to be what we do for the semester and year, but it's a good place to start!

--RJ