[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [SIGMusic] Meeting notes
- To: RJ Marsan <rjmarsan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SIGMusic] Meeting notes
- From: Jake McGinty <mcginty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:56:57 -0600
- Cc: sigmusic-l <sigmusic-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Meeting notes on our side:
- For the time being, we've decided that since most promising NLP libraries are in Java, we will move forward with using JRuby which is a ruby VM that can interface with Java libraries. Best of both worlds, and easily maintainable and modular.
- Most of our time going over potential NLP toolkits, and we are currently focusing on LingPipe, an advanced Java NLP library. We also went over learning the basics of ruby so we can get started on the same page.
- Message me if you'd like to get involved. We are just getting started, and need all the help we can get. This will look great on resumÃs and it's just plainly a kickass project.
- The following two papers were particularly interesting: Sentiment strength detection in short informal text and Twitter as a Corpus for Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining. While neither corpus was found to be immediately available, I'm still looking. In the case that it isn't we need to step on it in getting a miner setup so we can generate our own large corpus in time to analyze EOH attenders' sentiments accurately.
On Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM, RJ Marsan wrote:
great meeting. the NLP stuff is on its way, and the music generation is as well.
The pd patch can be found here:
Next week we'll probably need to start on the front end, and start hooking some stuff up.
SIGMusic-l mailing list