Re: [SIGMusic] Meeting notes

I think those 3 parameters work well, I'm CCing the mailing list so that they can chime in.

Using 16th notes would be fine.  It's virtually impossible to hit the limit of a udp packet going across localhost, especially for our circumstances.

If you want, we can change the code so that the puredata patch does None of the note conversion at all (aside from MIDI to frequency).  That's no big deal.

We'll need to think of a system so that we can continuously feed puredata with new notes, while not clobbering the current measure being played. I'm thinking of doing a double-buffering situation, where puredata reads from one array, and the java app will write to another array, and every measure/phrase/whatever it 'switches off'.  We could even implement a 'future measures' system where we can write n measures in advance.

I'm now trying to imagine how we're going to run this all, and since the twitter team is using jruby, and we're writing the melody generation in java, I'm about ready to just go full java (aside from the _javascript_/html frontend and pd backend).  Thoughts?