[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[SIGMusic] Update from the TwitterSentiment side
- To: sigmusic-l <sigmusic-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SIGMusic] Update from the TwitterSentiment side
- From: Jake McGinty <mcginty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:43:21 -0600
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of mcginty@xxxxxxxxxxxx designates 10.50.185.228 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=mcginty@xxxxxxxxxxxx
There's a stream over about 60 seconds of live tweets with sentiment scores for the #ThingsPeopleHaveToStopDoing hashtag.
We're successfully streaming tweets and weighing their sentiment based off of the AFINN bag-of-words model. We're going to be improving that dictionary and adding more sentiment weights over the next couple days.
Current version at https://github.com/acm-uiuc/twitter-sentiment
, let me know if you're having trouble running it. Will be updating the README so hopefully it's very straightforward if you're running Linux or Mac. Windows *should* work as well, potentially needs some file path tweaks as the normal '/' separator may still be hardcoded in a couple locations. Bug report if you find anything, please.
To everybody who asked me what their role should be: I will get back to you soon with some dole-outs for tasks. I'm a really shit project manager, so sorry for the wait.