Share your ideas for the next generation of musical instruments at Georgia Tech’s Guthman Musical Instrument Competition.
An annual event to find the world’s best new ideas in musicality, design and engineering, Wired magazine has called the competition an “X-Prize for music,” and contestants have likened it to a TED Conference for new musical instrument designers.
Submissions are being accepted online until November 15, 2012. Preliminary and final performances will take place in Atlanta April 11-12, 2013, where contestants will battle for $10,000 in cash prizes.
This year, winners will be selected by an expert jury panel comprised of experimental performance artist Laurie Anderson, composer, performer and educator, David Wessel, and electronic musician and sound designer Richard Devine.
More details and submission form at:
0. ISMIR 2012 will take place in in Porto (Portugal) October 8th-12th, 2012. The web site of the conference is at
1. Please do not send HTML documents to the list
2. Please do not send attachments (pictures, Word, etc.) to the list
3. Please do not send commercial ads to the list
4. Reuse of email addresses found on the list for unsolicited mail is forbidden
5. To unsubscribe, mail to "listserv@xxxxxxxx
" the following text: unsub music-ir or login to
6. For assistance, mail to "music-ir-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7. The archives of the list are at http://lists.ircam.fr/
8. The collective web sites of the ISMIR conferences and all past proceedings are at