Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rosegarden Audio Composition Tool
01-27-2014, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 10:18 PM by Praneet Sahgal.)
Rosegarden Audio Composition Tool
This is also not a tutorial, but more of a program I recommend. After a great deal of hunting for a good music composition tool, I found Rosegarden.

There are 2 things that make Rosegarden useful. First, it provides score editing for songs, so if you come from any sort of music background, there is a very small learning curve. Second, it's 100% free and open source under the GNU license, so you can use it for commercial use.

I can assure you the program is powerful. I made the main theme of Riri (my game for EOH last year) using it and I am working on the main theme of Solar Command using the program.

There are a few drawbacks, though. It's only for Linux, and the setup can take a bit of work. If you need help with setup, I may be able to help you. I highly suggest you get the program off of the Ubuntu Software Center (or whatever it's called) so you get all the dependencies. And if people want a tutorial on how to use the program, I can do that too!

Post here if you have any questions on how to use Rosegarden.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Rosegarden Audio Composition Tool
Hmm, looks pretty interesting!

Luke and I are planning on making sound effects & music for EOH, so we'll give this a try and let you know if we have any questions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply