GameBuilders is a special interest group of the University of Illinois chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery. We are devoted to the our craft of producing computer video games. This encompasses all aspects of game development including programming, visual asset creation, sound and music authoring, and game design. In addition, we aim to educate those who are willing to learn more about game development, especially for those with the goal of one day producing games of their own.
To those ends, we have several functions:
- Weekly Meetings every Tuesday 7:00 PM-8:00 PM in Siebel Center 3403
- Bringing together groups that want to make games and show them off during meetings and at Engineering Open House
- Game Build-a-thons which are pizza fueled game development marathons and we give out prizes to the best games
- Longer game development competitions taking place over several days or weeks
- Mentoring by your fellow GameBuilders for those new to game development and eager to learn
- Tech talks presented by game development companies and by GameBuilders members