Our Engineering Open House 2006 project was an interactive, dinosaur park. Players can explore an island populated by five kinds of dinosaurs. The project was developed by about six members and utilized no game engine.
In this project, players roam a large island environment populated by dinosaurs. Players can watch as the dinosaurs eat, run, walk and roar. This project may be going into a children's museum soon, check back for details.
- Roam Free Around the Island.
- Randomly Generated Terrain - Terrain is different each run of the program, randomly created and procedurally textured.
- 5 Diffent Kinds of Dinosaurs - Modeled/textured in Maya, animated in MilkShape.
- Limited AI - They eat, walk, run, roar, Peggies run away from T-Rex.
- 5 Types of Billboarded Plants - 6 polygons with .png on them, depth sorted and rendered in order.
- View Frustum Culling - Bounding spheres cull out dinosaurs, plants and terrain, variable for each item.
- Lovely Skybox - Day and Night cycle, clouds, sun, moon, fog.
- Take Snapshots - Just press 'P'.
- Sound - Hear the dinos roar and eat.
Download Mesozoic Park (ZIP - 5.90 MB)