Become a member of the team!
JHSI is a project of ACM@UIUC SIGNET to provide access to the wealth of
information available on the World Wide Web. But we need help. Help is
needed in the following areas:
- If you have knowledge in a particular subject area and have a collection
of source material available through the Internet we want to hear from
you. You will write a very brief document that categorizes the
resources and provides references to them.
- If you don't have knowledge in a particular subject area, but you do have
some spare time and a willingness to contribute we want to hear from you.
There are many loosely organized collections of information that need to be
categorized. You will browse through these collections and extract the
references and place them into the subject categories.
- If you like doing library research and are a good typist, we want to hear
from you. You will find and research different domain specific
classification schemes and enter them into a document. This document will
then be used by others doing classification.
- Classify the NCSA What's New Pages
- Classify virden.html
- Cleanup internal references
- Write a program to grab references from newsgroups and place them into a
classification category based upon the newsgroup it came from, additionally
sending mail to a maintainer to further classify the reference
- Move the index from the College of Engineering Workstation Lab Machines to
the ACM's new RS/6000, sleepless.cs.uiuc.edu
- Setup a local source code control system to allow people who have logins
on sleepless to modify the index pages
- Setup a mailbased source code control system to allow people anywhere to
modify the index pages
How do I get started?
email email@example.com and explain how you want to help. I will give you
pointers on how to get started.